Blackhawks' injured Shaw to miss 5th straight game
- NHL says it is only discussing expansion
- Sens extend G Anderson through 2017-18
- Avs G Giguere retiring after 16 seasons
- Maple Leaf Sports CEO to leave in 2015
- ESPN's Cohn sues rink for machine mishap
CHICAGO (AP) Injured Chicago Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw will miss his fifth straight game against the Minnesota Wild in the Western Conference semifinal.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says Shaw's lower-body injury is progressing, but he won't make the trip for Tuesday night's Game 6 in Minnesota. Chicago can eliminate Minnesota and advance to the Western Conference final.
Quenneville hopes Shaw will skate in the next day or so. Shaw sustained the injury during Game 1 of the series in Chicago.
Shaw had a career-high 20 goals and 19 assists during the regular season and scored twice in seven postseason games.
Updated May 12, 2014