Senators' Bobby Ryan to miss rest of season
- Sabres re-sign F Adam to 1-year contract
- Leafs, G Reimer agree to 2-year deal
- Red Wings sign C Ferraro to 1-year deal
- Caps ink first Australian to get drafted
- Canucks sign 1st-round pick Virtanen
OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) Ottawa Senators winger Bobby Ryan will miss the rest of the season because of a sports hernia. He is scheduled for surgery Thursday in Montreal.
General manager Bryan Murray says Ryan has been dealing with the injury since November. Ryan hoped to have the operation after the season but aggravated the injury last weekend.
Ryan has a team-high 23 goals with 25 assists this season. Murray says the team is confident he'll recover in time for a full summer of training.
The Senators' postseason hopes have faded. They are eight points out of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with 10 games to go.
Updated March 27, 2014