Senators' Bobby Ryan to miss rest of season
- NHL says it is only discussing expansion
- 6-time All-Star D Vadnais dies at 68
- Country star Underwood, Fisher expecting
- Sens extend G Anderson through 2017-18
- Avs G Giguere retiring after 16 seasons
OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) Ottawa Senators winger Bobby Ryan will miss the rest of the season because of a sports hernia. He is scheduled for surgery Thursday in Montreal.
General manager Bryan Murray says Ryan has been dealing with the injury since November. Ryan hoped to have the operation after the season but aggravated the injury last weekend.
Ryan has a team-high 23 goals with 25 assists this season. Murray says the team is confident he'll recover in time for a full summer of training.
The Senators' postseason hopes have faded. They are eight points out of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with 10 games to go.
Updated March 27, 2014