2 Bruins fans injured by falling pole after game
- Longtime NHL coach Quinn dies at 71
- Ex-Soviet coach Tikhonov dies at 84
- Rangers rout NHL-leading Canadiens 5-0
- Hansen nets 3 to power Canucks by 'Hawks
- Palmieri, Maroon lift Ducks past Coyotes
BOSTON (AP) Authorities say two young women suffered minor injuries when a metal pole holding up protective netting behind one of the goals at the TD Garden fell and struck them after a Boston Bruins game.
The netting fell at about 9:40 p.m. Thursday after the Bruins' 3-0 win over the Washington Capitals.
A private ambulance service took the women to the hospital as a precaution, but their injuries are not considered life threatening.
No names were released, but police say both women were in their 20s.
What caused the netting to fall is unclear. It is intended to protect fans from pucks that fly over the glass.
Updated March 7, 2014