2 Bruins fans injured by falling pole after game
- Red Wings, F Tatar agree on 3-year deal
- Leafs, C Winnik agree to 1 year, $1.3M
- Sabres re-sign F Adam to 1-year contract
- Leafs, G Reimer agree to 2-year deal
- Red Wings sign C Ferraro to 1-year deal
BOSTON (AP) Authorities say two young women suffered minor injuries when a metal pole holding up protective netting behind one of the goals at the TD Garden fell and struck them after a Boston Bruins game.
The netting fell at about 9:40 p.m. Thursday after the Bruins' 3-0 win over the Washington Capitals.
A private ambulance service took the women to the hospital as a precaution, but their injuries are not considered life threatening.
No names were released, but police say both women were in their 20s.
What caused the netting to fall is unclear. It is intended to protect fans from pucks that fly over the glass.
Updated March 7, 2014