Islanders beat Senators 4-1 to sweep SS series
- Bruins fill roster, re-sign Krug, Smith
- Avs sign McLeod, Stuart to extensions
- Stars sign F Eakin to 2-year contract
- Wild's Pominville has natural hat trick
- Seguin scores 3, Stars rally from 3 down
OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) Riley Wetmore and Ryan Strome scored first-period goals to lead the New York Islanders to a 4-1 victory over Ottawa and a sweep of a split-squad series against the Senators on Sunday night that closed out the NHL preseason.
Ryan Pulock and Brock Nelson added second-period goals to give New York a 4-0 lead. Evgeni Nabokov stopped 14 of 15 shots through two periods and Ken Reiter made 11 saves in the third period.
Jean-Gabriel Pageau scored for Ottawa and Craig Anderson stopped 19 shots.
The Islanders won 5-2 in the first split-squad game in Barrie earlier Sunday.
The regular season begins Tuesday.
Updated September 29, 2013