Neal scores in SO, Penguins top Blackhawks 3-2
- Rangers rout NHL-leading Canadiens 5-0
- Hansen nets 3 to power Canucks by 'Hawks
- Palmieri, Maroon lift Ducks past Coyotes
- Reaves, Steen help Blues beat Jets 4-2
- Isles sweep home-and-home from Penguins
PITTSBURGH (AP) James Neal scored in the shootout to give the Penguins a 3-2 preseason win over the Blackhawks after Chicago's Bryan Bickell and Pittsburgh's Kris Letang scored two goals apiece in regulation on Monday night.
Letang pulled the Penguins within 2-1 at 9:23 of the third with an unassisted breakaway goal and then pulled the Penguins even at 17:44 with a power-play goal via a slapper from the point.
Bickell scored a short-handed goal from the slot 1:09 into the second when he batted in the puck out of midair. He added a power-play goal by tipping in Jeremy Morin's shot from the point at the 14:00 mark of the middle frame.
Jeff Zatkoff stopped 30 shots for Pittsburgh and Nikolai Khabibulin made 31 saves for Chicago.
Updated September 23, 2013