Weber scores 2 as Predators beat Devils 3-2 in OT
- Revamped Pens have same Cup expectations
- Bruins look to regroup after early exit
- Ovechkin still key to new-look Capitals
- Devils try to end 2-year playoff drought
- Jackets' bright future suddenly dimmed
By TERESA M. WALKER
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Shea Weber scored two goals, including at 1:29 of overtime, and the Nashville Predators rallied late in beating the New Jersey Devils 3-2 on Friday night.
David Legwand scored with 10.8 seconds remaining in regulation with goalie Carter Hutton on the bench to force the extra period. Hutton, who struggled giving up the two goals to New Jersey, stopped Michael Ryder on a breakaway 80 seconds into overtime to keep the game tied.
Out of the 16 games played between these teams, this was the 13th decided by a goal.
Updated February 1, 2014