Rangers top Islanders again, win indoors 4-1
- Avalanche sign F O'Reilly to 2-year deal
- Stars re-sign F Roussel for 4 years
- Wild F Vanek aiding federal probe in NY
- Ducks ink D Vatanen to 2-year contract
- Rangers, Zuccarello agree on 1-year deal
By IRA PODELL
NEW YORK (AP) Derick Brassard scored the go-ahead goal with 7:46 left in the third period and the New York Rangers used late offense to beat the New York Islanders for the second straight game, 4-1 on Friday night.
With the teams skating 4-on-4 and the Rangers taking advantage of a delayed penalty, Brassard took a cross-zone feed from defenseman Marc Staal and fired a shot past Evgeni Nabokov to give his team a 2-1 lead.
Staal had two assists and Henrik Lundqvist made 38 saves for the Rangers, who have won three straight and six of eight.
Updated February 1, 2014