Sundstrom lifts Islanders over Senators, 5-2
- Bruins D Chara injured in loss to Isles
- Red-hot Quick sets Kings' shutout record
- Neal's hat trick improves Preds to 5-0-2
- Red Wings score 2 late, stun Pens in OT
- Canucks' Miller wins in St. Louis return
BARRIE, Ontario (AP) Johan Sundstrom scored twice to lead the New York Islanders to a 5-2 victory over the Ottawa Senators in a split-squad preseason game Sunday night.
Kyle Okposo, Sundstrom and Justin Johnson gave the Islanders a 3-0 lead after the first period. Sundstrom added his second goal in the middle period and John Tavares scored in the third for the Islanders.
Matt Puempel and Cory Conacher replied for the Senators.
Anders Nilsson picked up the victory for the Islanders, stopping 15 of 16 shots in the first half of the game before being replaced by Kevin Poulin, who turned aside 15 of the 16 attempts he faced.
Robin Lehner stopped 33 shots for the Senators.
The two clubs also played a split-squad game in Ottawa on Sunday night.
Updated September 29, 2013