Stajan, Ramos lead Flames over Rangers 4-1
- D Maatta third Penguin with mumps
- Islanders win fifth straight in Detroit
- Hoffman nets 2 as Senators rip Ducks 6-2
- Kinkaid wins first, Devils snap slide
- Jackets F Jenner to miss 1-2 months
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) Matt Stajan had a goal and two assists and Karri Ramo made 27 saves to lead the Calgary Flames to a 4-1 preseason win over the New York Rangers on Monday night.
Calgary also got goals from Curtis Glencross, Dennis Wideman and Lance Bouma.
Marc Staal scored for New York and Henrik Lundqvist stopped 24 shots.
Glencross opened the scoring with a wrister at 6:05 of the first and Wideman added another 6:18 into the second. Stajan assisted on both goals.
Staal scored a power-play goal with 3:48 left in the second to get New York within 2-1, but Stajan's slap shot at 12:11 of the third restored the two-goal margin.
Bouma closed it out with empty-netter with 5 seconds remaining.
Updated September 23, 2013