Rinne backstops Predators to 2-0 win over Isles
- Canadiens give C Eller 4-year contract
- Islanders, G Poulin agree to 1-year deal
- Canucks sign 1st-round pick McCann
- Avalanche sign F O'Reilly to 2-year deal
- Rangers, Kreider agree on 2-year deal
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Pekka Rinne made 13 saves in his first preseason game to lead the Nashville Predators to a 2-0 victory over the New York Islanders on Sunday night.
Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May.
Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville.
Injuries limited Bourque to 34 games for the Predators last season.
Watson, a first-round selection of the Predators in 2010, saw his first NHL action last season and scored one goal for Nashville.
Carter Hutton, signed in the offseason to be Rinne's backup, played the final period, making 12 saves.
Anders Nilsson stopped 23 shots for the Islanders.
Updated September 22, 2013