Knicks waive Lamar Odom, re-sign Aldrich
New York Headlines
- Bulldogs: Roberts passes for 4 TDs as Yale beats Penn 43-21
- Lions: Dartmouth hands Columbia 17th-straight loss 27-7
- Scarlet Knights: Abdullah leads No. 16 Nebraska over Rutgers 42-24
- Rams: Edmonds helps propel Fordham over Lehigh 48-27
- Devils: Hockey returns to Ottawa as Senators host Devils
- Mets: Mets pitcher Familia has hernia surgery
- Devils: Devils-Senators Preview
- Knicks: DeRozan scores 15, Raptors beat Knicks 83-80
- Islanders: Stars-Islanders Preview
- Devils: Benn, Spezza score in SO, Stars edge Devils
NEW YORK (AP) The New York Knicks have waived veteran forward Lamar Odom and re-signed center Cole Aldrich.
Knicks President Phil Jackson signed Odom, who played for him in Los Angeles, at the end of last season. But the former Sixth Man of the Year never played a game for New York.
Jackson says Friday in a statement: "Unfortunately, Lamar was unable to uphold the standards to return as an NBA player. We found it necessary to free up the roster spot."
But the Knicks are keeping Aldrich, who averaged 2.0 points and 2.8 rebounds in 46 games last season.
Updated July 11, 2014