76ers waive former No. 1 pick Kwame Brown
- Parker scores 30 as Spurs' streak hits 6
- Clips hang on for seventh win in a row
- 'Melo paces Knicks to third straight win
- Grizzlies pull away to beat Bobcats
- James joins Ilgauskas to retire jersey
PHILADELPHIA (AP) The Philadelphia 76ers have waived former No. 1 overall pick Kwame Brown.
The Sixers ended Brown's disappointing two-year stint when they cut ties with him on Wednesday. Brown had yet to play this season and appeared in only 22 games last year in the first season of a two-year contract.
Brown never lived up to the expectations heaped on him after he skipped high school and was picked No. 1 overall by the Washington Wizards in the 2001 draft. He averaged only 6.6 points and 5.5 rebounds over a 13-year career where he also made about $67 million.
The Sixers also waived guard Darius Morris. They signed free-agent guards Elliot Williams and Lorenzo Brown.
Updated November 20, 2013