Napoli back in Red Sox lineup after missing game
- Season likely over for O's 3B Machado
- Giants end Nationals' 10-game win streak
- A's beat Angels, pull within game of 1st
- Reports: BoSox, Castillo agree on 7 yrs.
- Twins bat around twice, rip Tigers 20-6
CHICAGO (AP) First basemen Mike Napoli was back in Boston's starting lineup on Thursday night, two days after dislocating a finger on his left hand.
Napoli hurt his ring finger on a headfirst slide into second base in the ninth inning of Tuesday's game against the Chicago White Sox. He sat out Wednesday's game.
"Mike's relatively fine," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "The swelling continues to go down. The discomfort that was there yesterday has lessened today, and there will probably be some taping just to support it further."
Napoli entered Thursday with a .302 batting average and three homers in 13 games.
Updated April 17, 2014