Cardinals put RHP Kelly on DL with hurt hamstring
- Cubs hire Maddon after firing Renteria
- Giants celebrate title with rainy parade
- Brewers OK Gallardo's option, nix Weeks'
- Rays pick up Zobrist's $7.5M option
- Tigers pick up P Soria's $7M option
WASHINGTON (AP) St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Joe Kelly has been put on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
The Cardinals also optioned righty reliever Keith Butler to Triple-A Memphis and recalled rookie right-handers Eric Fornataro and Jorge Rondon from Memphis before Thursday's game at the Washington Nationals. Neither Fornataro nor Rondon has ever appeared in a major league game.
Kelly got hurt while trying to beat out a bunt attempt in the fourth inning of the Cardinals' 5-1 loss to the Milwaukee Brewers on Wednesday. He is 1-1 with a 0.59 ERA in three starts this season.
Updated April 17, 2014