Cardinals put RHP Kelly on DL with hurt hamstring
- Phils' Hamels, 3 relievers no-hit Braves
- Astros fire Porter, Lawless takes over
- Cardinals beat Pirates to move into 1st
- Dunn homers in first at-bat as A's roll
- Nats' Gonzalez tops Dodgers for rare win
WASHINGTON (AP) St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Joe Kelly has been put on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
The Cardinals also optioned righty reliever Keith Butler to Triple-A Memphis and recalled rookie right-handers Eric Fornataro and Jorge Rondon from Memphis before Thursday's game at the Washington Nationals. Neither Fornataro nor Rondon has ever appeared in a major league game.
Kelly got hurt while trying to beat out a bunt attempt in the fourth inning of the Cardinals' 5-1 loss to the Milwaukee Brewers on Wednesday. He is 1-1 with a 0.59 ERA in three starts this season.
Updated April 17, 2014