Nationals' Strasburg, Harper, LaRoche have surgery
- Bonds back in uniform as camp coach
- Braves' Beachy leaves with tight elbow
- Giants' Cain perfect for 5 innings, Ks 7
- Cabrera hits first 2 HRs, Scherzer sharp
- Lester goes 3 scoreless, Ortiz homers
WASHINGTON (AP) Nationals ace Stephen Strasburg has had bone chips removed from his surgically repaired right elbow.
The team said Bryce Harper and Adam LaRoche also had operations this week. Harper had the bursa in his left knee repaired after it had hampered him last season. LaRoche had his left, throwing elbow cleaned up.
Strasburg, who had Tommy John surgery on his elbow three years ago, missed most of the 2011 season recovering from it. He had his innings limited in 2012 by the Nationals. His surgery was done in Los Angeles, and Strasburg is expected to be ready in time for spring training.
LaRoche and Harper are also expected to be ready by spring.
Updated October 26, 2013