Cardinals RHP Lynn to start for Game 4 of NLCS
- Tanaka has 10 Ks in 8, beats Cubs 3-0
- Reds' Cueto blanks Pirates for first win
- Peralta helps Brewers thwart Cards sweep
- Nats OF Harper out with tight quadriceps
- Mets' Gee sharp, drops Arizona to 4-14
ST. LOUIS (AP) Lance Lynn will start Game 4 of the NL championship series for the St. Louis Cardinals, perhaps strengthening his case when he earned the win in Game 1.
Rookie 15-game winner Shelby Miller had also been under consideration. Miller warmed up early in Game 1 and manager Mike Matheny said Saturday he'd be available in the bullpen in Game 2.
Lynn worked the last two innings of the Cardinals' 3-2, 13-inning victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers. He took the loss in Game 2 of the NL division series against the Pittsburgh and has failed pitch five innings in any of his three career postseason starts the last two seasons.
Updated October 12, 2013