Coke in, Putkonen out for Tigers
- Pineda ejected for pine tar on neck
- Cubs lose on Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Hamels loses to Greinke in season debut
- Brewers' bats wake up in win over Padres
- Rangers' Perez gets second straight SHO
BOSTON (AP) Detroit left-hander Phil Coke has been added to the roster for the AL championship series after missing the division series with elbow problems.
Coke gives the Tigers another option out of the bullpen, although he struggled this year, going 0-5 with a 5.40 ERA. Right-hander Luke Putkonen was left off the ALCS roster to make room for Coke.
Right-hander Bruce Rondon, who also missed the division series against Oakland with elbow trouble, is still out.
Detroit faces the Boston Red Sox on Saturday night in Game 1 of the ALCS.
Updated October 12, 2013