Rays reinstate reliever Jesse Crain from 60-day DL
- Mariners give Cano 10-year, $240M deal
- Beltran, Yanks agree on $45M for 3 years
- Napoli, Red Sox agree to 2 years, $32M
- Granderson, Mets agree to $60M, 4 years
- Qualls back with Astros for 2 years, $6M
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) The Tampa Bay Rays have reinstated reliever Jesse Crain from the 60-day disabled list.
Tampa Bay acquired the injured Crain from the Chicago White Sox on July 29. The right-hander had gone 2-3 with a 1.15 ERA in 38 appearances before being placed on the DL on July 3 because of a right shoulder strain.
The Rays designated right-hander J.D. Martin for assignment before Monday's game against Baltimore.
The Rays say the results of an MRI exam Sunday showed that center fielder Desmond Jennings has a mild left hamstring strain. Jennings, injured running the bases Sunday, is listed as day to day.
Updated September 23, 2013