Rockies RHP Oswalt strains hamstring vs Arizona
- Cards give 3B Carpenter $52M over 6 yrs.
- Cardinals P Garcia to visit Dr. Andrews
- Dodgers excuse Puig for personal reasons
- Martin homers, Pirates shell Rays' Moore
- Teixeira doubles for first hit of spring
PHOENIX (AP) Colorado Rockies starter Roy Oswalt left Sunday's game against Arizona with a strained left hamstring with two outs in the second inning.
The veteran right-hander ran to cover home plate after a wild pitch as the Diamondbacks' Eric Chavez came home from third. The throw from catcher Wilin Rosario sailed past Oswalt, who immediately indicated he was hurt.
Oswalt had difficulty walking as he was accompanied into the Colorado dugout. Right-hander Edgmer Escalona came on in relief.
Updated July 7, 2013