Marlins and Mets rained out; Sept 14 makeup
- Rangers OF Martin victim in ransom plot
- O's won't sign Balfour due to physical
- Patton banned 25 games for positive test
- Yanks introduce Beltran, fan growing up
- Arizona, Ziegler agree to 2 yrs., $10.5M
NEW YORK (AP) The Miami Marlins' series opener at the New York Mets on Friday night was postponed because of rain,
The game was rescheduled as part of a single-admission doubleheader on Sept. 14 at 4:10 p.m.
It was the second straight rainout for the Mets, who were washed out at the Washington Nationals on Thursday.
The matchup of young pitching sensations Matt Harvey (5-0) of the Mets and Jose Fernandez (3-3) of the Marlins was pushed back a day to Saturday.
Both teams will skip their originally scheduled Saturday starters, New York's Shaun Marcum (0-6) and Miami's Kevin Slowey (1-5).
Jonathon Niese (3-5) is slated to start Sunday for the Mets, when Tom Koehler (0-4) starts for the Marlins.
Updated June 7, 2013