|National Football League|
Giants sign former Dolphins OL Jerry
New York Headlines
- Devils: Hockey returns to Ottawa as Senators host Devils
- Mets: Mets pitcher Familia has hernia surgery
- Scarlet Knights: Abdullah leads No. 16 Nebraska over Rutgers 42-24
- Devils: Devils-Senators Preview
- Knicks: DeRozan scores 15, Raptors beat Knicks 83-80
- Islanders: Stars-Islanders Preview
- Devils: Benn, Spezza score in SO, Stars edge Devils
- Rangers: Rangers-Canadiens Preview
- Huskies: UConn loses senior cornerback to shoulder injury
- Jets: Percy Harvin set for new start with Jets
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) The New York Giants continued making over their offensive line with the signing of former Miami Dolphins guard John Jerry on Friday.
Jerry became the third offensive lineman signed by the team since the free agency signing period began, joining guard Jeff Schwartz and center J.D. Walton.
The team lost veteran David Diehl to retirement and waived center David Baas. Left tackle Will Beatty is coming off a broken leg suffered in the final game of the regular season and Chris Snee was hampered by hip and elbow injuries for most of last season.
The 6-foot-5, 335-pound Jerry started all 16 games last season for the Dolphins and played in 57 games over four seasons for Miami. Jerry was among the names included in a report on the investigation of bullying which focused on Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated March 22, 2014