|National Football League|
Giants sign former Dolphins OL Jerry
New York Headlines
- Yankees: Yankees-Rangers Preview
- Yankees: Darvish 8 Ks as Rangers beat Jeter, Yankees 4-2
- Mets: Phillies-Mets Preview
- Mets: Travis d'Arnaud homers, Mets crush Phillies 7-1
- Yankees: Jeter 7th on MLB hits list in final Texas series
- Mets: Mets GM Alderson suggests deadline deal unlikely
- Giants: Manningham back with Giants, with no guarantees
- Jets: Jets' Aboushi helped create 185 smiles in Sudan
- Yankees: Lost Red Sox title ring returned by Yankees fan
- Mets: Duda and deGrom deliver, Mets defeat Brewers 2-0
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) The New York Giants continued making over their offensive line with the signing of former Miami Dolphins guard John Jerry on Friday.
Jerry became the third offensive lineman signed by the team since the free agency signing period began, joining guard Jeff Schwartz and center J.D. Walton.
The team lost veteran David Diehl to retirement and waived center David Baas. Left tackle Will Beatty is coming off a broken leg suffered in the final game of the regular season and Chris Snee was hampered by hip and elbow injuries for most of last season.
The 6-foot-5, 335-pound Jerry started all 16 games last season for the Dolphins and played in 57 games over four seasons for Miami. Jerry was among the names included in a report on the investigation of bullying which focused on Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated March 22, 2014