|National Football League|
Titans sit rookie Hunter for violating team rules
- Lions owner Ford dies of pneumonia at 88
- Packers keep CB Shields for $39M, 4 yrs.
- Agent says RB Mendenhall retiring at 26
- Jets release CB Cromartie, save millions
- Ravens OT Reid charged with battery
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) The Tennessee Titans have deactivated rookie wide receiver Justin Hunter against the Arizona Cardinals for what a team spokesman called a violation of team rules.
Hunter, a second-round draft pick out of Tennessee, is coming off the best game of his career with 114 yards receiving in last week's loss at Denver, and he has had two 100-yard games in his past three.
The Cardinals scratched tight end Rob Housler, who had been doubtful with an injured groin. Jake Ballard is starting in his spot.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
Updated December 15, 2013