|National Football League|
Jets' Cromartie sits out again with ailing hip
- Lions owner Ford dies of pneumonia at 88
- Packers keep CB Shields for $39M, 4 yrs.
- Jets release CB Cromartie, save millions
- Jaguars land ex-Seahawks DT Bryant
- Bucs release 2-time Pro Bowl G Joseph
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) Antonio Cromartie has not practiced for the second straight day because of an ailing hip, and the New York Jets cornerback's status remains uncertain for Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins.
Wide receiver Santonio Holmes (foot and hamstring) and tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. (knee) also did not practice Thursday but were likely given their scheduled rest day. There was no media availability Thursday, and coach Rex Ryan will have updates on injuries Friday.
Cromartie left New York's loss at Baltimore last Sunday in the fourth quarter after hurting his hip, which bothered him earlier this season.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
Updated November 28, 2013