|National Football League|
|Oct. 28 10:11 PM PT11:11 PM MT12:11 AM CT1:11 AM ET5:11 GMT1:11 PM 北京时间10:11 PM MST12:11 AM EST11:11 PM CT9:11 UAE1:11 ET - The New York Jets have released wide receiver Jason Hill and signed tight end Hayden Smith, a former rugby player, from the practice squad.
Analysis: The Australian-born Smith played professional rugby in England for a few years before pursuing an NFL career during this past offseason - despite never having played American football before. Smith was impressive in training camp and among the team's final cuts, but was signed to the practice squad. The Jets needed another tight end Sunday against Miami with Jeff Cumberland out with a dislocated right wrist.
Regular Season Stats
|Career Rushing/Receiving Stats|
- 1Planned Jets Helipad Has Madison, N.J., Residents Fuming
- 2Palladino: Jets’ Circus None Of Steve Smith’s Business
- 3Jets RB Mike Goodson Arrested On Drug, Weapons Charges
- 4Panthers WR Steve Smith Rips Mark Sanchez: ‘He Sucks!’
- 5Freeney’s Father: Dwight Would ‘Love’ To Play For...
- 6David Garrard Considers Coaching Internship Offer From Jets
- 7Grayer, Heavier O.J. Simpson Returns To Court In Bid For New Trial